The Retreat in Progress

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Creatures of the Night

I live in a suburb south of Austin, Texas.  I used to think I lived in the country, but with all the people moving into this area it is becoming less country and more urban.  However, the creatures wandering in and out of my yard haven't been told about this new development. 

I was noticing flowerpots being turned over on my deck and talked to a few people about it trying to figure out what was going on.  My supervisor said he had a couple of wildlife cameras I could borrow so I could see what was happening at night.  I had no idea there were nightly parties going on in my backyard while I was sleeping.

I have seen deer, skunk, raccoon, armadillo, opossum, and fox.  Luckily I haven't seen a coyote or a mountain lion, but have heard they are lurking around a little further out from my subdivision. 

Since initially borrowing my supervisor's cameras, I bought one for myself and am obsessed with seeing the nightly antics.  The camera will take pictures or video, both are fun but I particularly enjoy watching the videos and hope you enjoy some of my favorites.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment...Rebecca